I haven’t looked back since joining Stafford Grammar Sixth Form. The teachers are amazing and I have had so many opportunities – Lower Sixth student
Sixth Form Enrichment
We passionately believe in enriching your A-level studies through a wide range of activities. From drama to volunteering, societies to sport, we want your experience in the Sixth Form to be bursting with energy and opportunity.
Sixth Form is a really exciting time and a more independent lifestyle just two short years away! At SGS we believe that life is about more than qualifications, as important as they are.
We are here to help you make the big decisions that will shape the direction of your life.
Every Wednesday afternoon, all of our sixth form students have the whole afternoon to follow our Sixth Form Programme. We host an interesting range of guest speakers, representing a wide range of universities and apprenticeships. There are talks and workshops ranging from driving awareness to life skills. Panels are held with our former students to give you an insight into life at university and settling in. Our students often give back to the local community through volunteering, undertake work experience or volunteer in our own Prep. School.
Enrichment takes many forms – from chatting over tea and toast in the common room to mentoring younger students.
Wednesday afternoons also include a games session for sixth form students, where you are able to choose from a wide range of sports (such as badminton, basketball, football, cricket, hockey, netball, rugby and tennis) or join the Zumba class or make use of our own fitness suite which houses modern fitness equipment such as treadmills, rowing machines, cross-trainers, exercise bikes and a specialist weight training room.
Our students have the opportunity to study for the EPQ qualification, which allows for in-depth research in an area of interest whilst being mentored by an experienced subject specialist. The EPQ offers a great opportunity to follow your own interests and provides an excellent talking point for university interviews.
Whether through taking part in our exciting enrichment activities, or starting your own club or society, we want you to be immersed in life in the Sixth Form at SGS.
- Mentoring younger pupils in the Senior School and Prep. School
- Debating Society
- Law Society
- Medical Society
- The Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Young Enterprise
- School plays and musicals
- The Sixth Form pantomime
- Volunteering in the community
- Orchestra, Concert band, Big Band
- Many varied music ensembles
- Chamber groups and Choir
- House and School sports teams
- School Magazine
- Responsibilities such as Prefect, House Captain, Sixth Form Committee and much more
- TEFL qualification
We want you to embrace leadership opportunities, to grow as an individual and to become the very best version of yourself.
The Prefect team is led by the Senior Prefects, including the Head Boy and Head Girl. They are all integral to school life and support staff whilst playing an active role in the School’s community. Sixth Form students may also be elected as a key member of their House Committee, perhaps as House Captain or Sports Captain.
We offer you the chance to take on many responsibilities:
- A member of the Common Room Committee.
- Head of the School Council.
- Head of pupils new to the School.
- Head of Prefects’ Detentions.
- A member of the Duty Team.
- A Form Manager.
- Assist in directing a school play
- Run a sport club
- Become the Managing Director of a Young Enterprise Company
- Lead a music ensemble
- Support others at the Maths Clinic
- Support younger pupils with their reading skills
- Become an Assistant Duke of Edinburgh Leader
- An AGT English, Maths or Science Mentor
- Sixth Form Librarian
- Sixth Form Photographer