Clubs and Societies
We believe that learning beyond the classroom is as important as learning inside the classroom. At Stafford Grammar School, we want all of our pupils to get involved the rich variety of opportunities available through “SGS Extra”.
There is an exciting variety of co-curricular clubs and activities on offer at Stafford Grammar School to enrich the experience of our students and help to develop a healthy body and mind as well as building character and developing students’ talents and interests.
Examples of clubs that run throughout the year and are added to the ‘SGS Extra’ timetable later in the year include:
- Art and Design
- Young Enterprise - Sixth Form Stafford Grammar School companies make and market a product and compete in local competitions.
- Revision clubs across a wide range of subjects
- Maths Clinic
- Languages Clinic
- Science Club
- Computing Club
- History Club
- Film Club
- Geography Film Club
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Clubs in all of the sports e.g. football club, hockey club, badminton club etc.
- Rehearsals for school plays and musicals
- Student Blog
- Creative Writing Club
- ‘Pause, Prompt, Praise’ reading support for Year 7
- Forest School
- Sixth Form students also run their own societies, such as the law society and medical society to which guest speakers are invited. Sixth Form students also produce a pantomime for Years 7-10.
- Drama Club
- Astronomy club - senior students can progress to take GCSE astronomy and are very successful
In the Senior School and Sixth Form, students are members of one of three Houses (Anson, Fitzherbert or Talbot) who compete in around 50 events, sporting and creative, throughout the School year.